Monday 5 November 2018

Why should you go charity shopping?













blazer - Oxfam Bold Street
top - Primark
jeans - H&M
boots & bag - ebay
necklaces - Neck on the Line



 My first charity shopping experience was during a rainy lunch hour in Sixth Form. I'd become firm friends with a girl who was several ranks above me in the style stakes and who always blew me away with her outfit choices. You know that person in your friendship group that just has a knack of putting the best outfits together? That was her.

Naturally I had to know where all of these amazing pieces were coming from; from the vintage silk shirt to the oh-so-gorgeous western boots, I longed to discover how I too could create a wardrobe which would match the likes of hers. 

The simple answer? Charity shopping. Since then I am yet to look back.

As well as enabling me to find completely original pieces for a fraction of the price, opting for vintage items promotes sustainability and, in the long term, is of course much better for the planet.
Did I mention you can find genuine designer items for literally under £10? Harvey Nicks eat your heart out. 

Have you tried charity shopping?

xxx


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. can you please explain what charity shopping means ? I am trying to understand...please notify me by email to read the ans
    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/11/how-to-control-aquaphobia-home-remedies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love going thrifting! Finding a great deal is the best.

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta say I am in love of your photos, they are so aesthetically pleasing :)

    - Marina
    www.waitmarinawho.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your look <3

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can get really a fantastic wardrobe with charity shopping! And it is even so good for the environment when we do this. Love your look, perfect for fall!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried before but I can certainly appreciate the benefits of doing so - both for you and the charity! It's a win-win situation, for sure :) You wear this blazer so well babe; great find!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Gabrielle said, it's a win-win situation indeed. You get the item that you want, and help raise money for a cause. Anyway, you look lovely with your blazer dear. Such a classic look.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO right Georgia! Charity shopping is such a unique opportunity to get your hands on some real fashion gems and I don't know why I don't do it! I think in a way I've gone to the same shops time and time again that I'm almost programmed to not look elsewhere. The blazer is an incredible find though and you've definitely given me the urge to go shopping now!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried charity shopping here in my country and I do find a lot of beautiful items to wear especially in special events. You're beautiful, girl. Love your coat!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love charity shopping, I've been a convert for years, I love your coat!

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog


    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig