Saturday 12 January 2019

Starting again


January? More like Janu-scary. I'm currently sat, bewildered, in front of my laptop, wondering how on earth we have completed yet another 12 months only to circle all the way back around to the season of #healthkicks and #newstarts. 



It's funny just how symbolic the 1st of January has become in acting as a 'reset' button. In the past I have certainly been guilty of feeling skeptical of this 'clean slate' mentality, particularly as it technically just another 24 hour slot, if only with a different digit on its timestamp.


Now, however, I am starting to see the appeal; a source of motivation, a reason to try new things and an excuse to put plans into action.



The only issue is where the 'new year new me' mentality is concerned, it's very easy to get to February, feel disappointed, and write off the remaining ten months.  Despite all the overlooked boxes you've already ticked and exciting excursions you had in mind, you wish the end of the year away to return to ""page 1 of 365"". And you've got a while to wait.


So in the mean time, it might be worth trying to look at things in a slightly different way. (I know this is starting to sound the landing page for a free motivational e-book you accidentally clicked on, but please bear with.) Rather than eagerly waiting for the 1st of Jan for the chance to start afresh, why not just see 00:01 as an opportunity to completely reset ? 




Even if you have had a really bad day, is it worth getting bogged down in the mentality that 'it just isn't your year'? Whether you spilled an overpriced cup of coffee on the train or cc'ed that email that should have been bcc'ed (the worst), six hours with your head on the pillow can be all that's necessary to forget about it and remember that when you've finished scrolling through Instagram, you've got another 24 hours to make up for it.


What I'm trying to say is that you really don't need an excuse to go out and do what you want to do. You don't have to compartmentalise your life or your achievements or wait until your X years old to do Y and Z. You can literally do it at the start of every morning when your alarm clock go off. Give or take a few minute for snooze time, of course. 




Have you got anything planned for 2019?

xxx



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Looking drop dead gorgeous and to die for as always my divine Georgia! Only you can make winter look so utterly whimsical and promising with your stylish stun. All the fairytale woodland auras going on here, not to mention a stylish seasonal feast! That show-stopping knit is the reason for a heart-eyed emoji's existence! Your blissful photos are always so epic and eye-catching, pure enchantment which is a credit to your talent and vision, illuminating like a billion stars as always. In total agreement with everything you say in this post, we definitely have a way of pressuring ourselves so much and then feeling sad and disappointed if the outcome doesn't match up to what we hoped it would be. Last year I set lots of goals but I was only putting stress on myself when they didn't quite slot into place as I'd desired, so this year I've decided to keep a few goals in place but with a more "just get on and do it" approach. I'm taking the year a lot more as it comes without thinking too much about it all and not setting time-lines. I haven't got much planned for 2019 as of yet other than sending off my novel in the hope of future publication and we're going to Barbados in late February. I so hope you have a wondrous whirlwind 2019 ahead beautiful goddess, may it be filled with all the magic, joy, happiness, dreaminess, rollercoaster highs and majestic adventure your stunning soul deserves! ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your advice sounds excellent - I should take it! Kudos on this fab post... I haven't done a post yet this year. My last post was back on Halloween.
    I love your outfit photos. That velvet top looks very pretty, must feel wonderful to wear, and I also love the look of the sweater. Your perfectly applied lipstick looks pretty.
    I'm hoping to get healthier and eventually take photos for some new posts. Yours are fabulous.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/10/last-minute-halloween-excuse-post-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's april but I still feel like 2019 has only just started. It is so weird that on January 1st its like we have a new shot at life again. I hope your 2019 is going well so far xx I have been missing your blog posts <3

    Lots of love, Susie x
    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig