Thursday 25 October 2018

Season of change




For me, Autumn has always felt slightly strange.

It's something I have never quite been able to put my finger on, but the months between August and December feel almost dreamlike to me, with the cooler days somewhat shrouded in a blanket of mystery and magic. I'm not simply talking about Halloween - though my binge watching of Hocus Pocus has definitely had a part to play in my fondness for the season - it's a quality that's embedded into the season itself.

'Overcast skies still brimming with the promise of sunlight mean that the warmth lingers until the early evening, when that crisp coldness reminds you that Summer is well and truly over.'

Granted, I may be envisioning a highly romanticised version of this time of year, but it's hard to deny that there's something about the fleeting sunlight, leaf carpeted pavements and bonfire night parties that yields a feeling of comfort. It's perhaps no surprise to learn that whilst strange, Autumn continues to be my favourite time of year. 



Whilst the season also tends to remind us that tinsel and fairylights are not too far away, for me it also signposts that a much greater change is on the way; moving to London.*

As someone who is very comfortable 'up-North', the decision to move to the capital was far from easy, mainly because I am literally petrified of change. That being said, the job opportunity presented to me was far too significant to pass up.

This led me to decide that even though it had been offered uniquely in London, it's something that I need to do. Regardless of aforementioned fear of change. 



This is something you may be thinking would probably be worth a post all on it's own - and you'd probably have a point. It's just that, as the move is something I'm really still trying to come to terms with myself, carefully footnoting it to a post makes the whole thing seem much less scary and significant to me than it really is. In a nutshell, it's a coping mechanism - perhaps not one therapist approved, but a makeshift one nonetheless. 


Anyway, if you have any advice/guidance on life down South do let me know. I'd also love to hear if you can relate to my feelings on Autumn - do you have a favourite season?


xxx

*I can't tell you how hard it was to avoid leaf metaphors here. The temptation was real.

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. What a perfect look, you look awesome!
    Kisses,
    E.
    https://www.withcapitale.com/2018/10/popcorns-t-shirt-on-late-summer-warm.html
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitale/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beyond stunning!
    I can't say that I agree with your thoughts on Fall, though. For me, I feel the most alive in the beginning of fall. Life feels cool, crisp and new!
    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the outfit especially because I am such a sucker for such blazers.
    www.sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool look, I love your blazer!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall totally is the season of change! You look amazing, hun! These photos are stunning!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I don't have a favourite season as each time during the current season I think this is the best season at all :) But I understand why you love autumn! And I love your look: so wonderful classy and effortless. Everything is perfect.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, super excited you're moving to London because... so am I! I'll be moving there around January/February time and so if you ever feel like meeting up just drop me a message babe :) Secondly, your eyes look soooooo gorgeous in these photos, wow!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are gorgeous and these pictures came out amazing. I haven't had any drastic changes like that, but I Really do wish you the best <3 Have a wonderful week!

    -PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    Say hello and let’s follow each other <3 | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer and fall are my favorite, and if I have to choose one, I think I'd go with fall. The weather is just perfect, not too cold, not too hot. Anyway, love your look dear, simple yet so classy and chic.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh congratulations on your new job in London! I'd be the same as you, absoloutely terrified as it's such a big change. But that said, these things can often be the making of you. I'm excited to hear more and I'd love to read posts about how you're settling in etc!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your London Job, I'm from 'up north' and I lived in Reading for a couple of years at one point, there's quite a difference between the north and the south isn't there. I also find Autumn to be a strange time, almost like there's magic in the air?

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig