Thursday 16 April 2020

Graphic T's and mini skirts: Three ways





top - Allsaints

skirt - Missguided
boots - Office






top - H&M
skirt - ebay





top - ebay
skirt - Missguided


You know those outfits where you put them on and just feel like you? That's what graphic T's and mini skirts are for me.

I used to think that my style had to fit in a box. I thought I had to be the cricket-jumper-and-knee-socks-prep wannabe OR the ripped-knee-and-band-t-rock-and-roll enthusiast - I could throw my heart and soul into one or the other, but never both.  I'm not sure where this mentality stemmed from (perhaps something to do with society's incessant desire to pigeon hole women in general, but that's a post for another day), but I'm glad that I'm now free from this mindset.

I love the feeling of being able to easily alter or reflect how I'm feeling simply through a quick rifle through my wardrobe. I love being able to jump from sixties chic to low-key goth in the space of five minutes, without feeling like I have to fully commit to someone else's ideal, or even explain myself. 

What's the outfit that makes you feel most like yourself?

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

xxx


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. It's such a good feeling to fit an outfit that makes you feel comfortable, beautiful and confident at the same time! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that first skirt and boot combo! I feel most myself in either a floaty dress or baggy t-shirt and skinny jeans :)
    Amy x
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are awesome~ It's great that you have found your own personal style. :) we should all definitely go for outfits that make us feel more like ourselves. Thank you for sharing with us!

    Anna Jo | http://helloannajo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tee with skirt combo! I need to find some cool tees to rock. I need to get back into wearing pencil skirts. I'm a dress kind of girl for work and super casual with jeans and a sweater. Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these outfits! I haven't mixed skirts and shirts for a while, but now I absolutely need to!

    How is the quarantine treating you? I hope you are well!

    amy x wandering-everywhere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I want all of these looks. Especially the first skirt. Can't wait to be able to wear fun clothes and go out again :) Have a great weekend! xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a classic look, a model uniform if you will, like skinny jeans, a white and a moto jacket! You look great : )

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun outfit formula and you wear it well! you have a great collection of skirts and tees :)

    Hope that you are having a nice weekend :) It's a rainy day here - perfect weather for continuing to isolate at home!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your tee with skirt combo!
    Your outfits are awesome~ It's great that you have found your own personal style. xx

    prosphairshop human hair wig

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first look! The color of the skirt is so pretty and goes so well with graphic tees!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow totally love how you styled the skirts and tee!
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm digging this vibe- the t-shirt adds such a Cool Girl feel to the look!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig