Sunday 21 February 2021

Finding Joy

 


I’m currently living the cliche Sunday morning dream; coffee in hand, mindless laptop scrolling with lofi music softly playing in the background. Noone else is up. Quiet, even if it is only for an hour or so. 


These small moments of joy are so fleeting, it’s such a rarity for me to actually stop and acknowledge the moment when I’m in the middle of it. When life is moving a much slower pace (thanks panoramic) one of the only silver linings is that growth of appreciation. I don’t know about you, but this period has really put my life into slow motion, and allowed me to see it for what it really is. Frame by frame. 



Of course, that change of pace also means a lot more time for thinking, thinking, and oh yeah, thinking some more. Whilst most of the memories my tired mind brings up are soft and comforting bursts of hazy nostalgia, there is a small portion which revisits forgotten friendships and poor decisions. Often followed by a knot in my stomach and a strange sense of remorse. 

Should I feel guilty for relationships I’ve lost and the choices I’ve made? 


What I’m starting to realise (it’s taken me long enough) is that life isn’t straightforward. Not every friendship is forever and no choice you make has to define who you are. Just because you are X one day doesn’t mean you can’t be Y the next. Things will move in and out of your life, but they don’t necessarily need to be good or bad.


I used to spend so much time worrying about things in my life that happened - literally - years ago, but why? Cliche (I mean c’mon do you expect anything less from me?) but I can’t change the past. As much as I’d like to hop in the DeLorean, there’s no way I can venture back to teenage me and try to rekindle something for the sake of rekindling it. Plus, that would mean putting concealer on my lips again, and I don’t think anything is worth reliving that phase *shivers*. 



So what’s the point of this post you may be wondering. Really, it’s a bit of a reminder, to you and honestly me too. A reminder that those moments of joy really are there, even in those times where the waves are crashing around your ankles and you feel like you’re treading water. It’s easy to forget what joy feels like, but you’ll feel it again soon, I promise.


I would love to know what joy feels like to you. Hope you’re keeping safe and well, and sending love, as always x

 


P.s. For me, joy also very much looks like this vintage Haunted Hollywood Planet Hollywood t shirt which I tracked down on Etsy after a relentless search. Gotta love the internet.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I think the pandemic has made us take joy from the little things, and remember how important it is to spend time with loved ones. It's been helpful to slow down for these past few months and reflect.

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remind myself to find joy every single day, no matter what. We have to see the good and positive in every situation, especially after the past year we've all had. xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely an overthinker too! No friendship is forever though and everything happens for a reason :)
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun casual outfit with the graphic tee and jeans! :)

    I agree, those small moments of quiet each morning can be really restorative and great for reflection! :)

    Hope that you had a nice weekend :) It was a bit hot and humid here but we still managed to get out to the park :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this casual look. Can't go wrong with a graphic tee.
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/02/olive-green-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling a lot of the same things over here. Life feels lie it's happening in slow motion. I figured for now prioritizing whatever will brighten my day is the best plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiet weekend mornings are really my joy, too- I find that I get so much done!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy I read this post today... really needed this reminder. THANK YOU!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good reminder to find joy in the little things. I love my morning quiet time before I start work. Really helps start the day on the right foot!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not alone when it comes to worrying about things that happened years ago. We can't control the past but we can control the future. Sometimes we wonder because we don't want to make the same mistakes again. Love your outfit!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post, Georgia! Remorse and regret are a part of life. We learn from these moments so that we can have more joyful moments ahead. For me, joy is spending time with family and friends. It's being thankful for the blessing of each day. By the way, I love your look in these shots. :)

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully written post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Cheers,

    Diana, The Basic White Blouse Trend

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig